A Resolution Authorizing Participation in the Early Intervention Program
Whereas, the Borough of Bolivar wishes to participate in the Early Intervention Program in order to study and establish financial and capital best practices and planning, and
Whereas, the Pennsylvania Department of Community and Economic Development (DCED) makes available grants in aid for such projects, and
Whereas, the Borough is authorized to enter into agreements with other political subdivisions, pursuant to the provisions of Section 1202 (24) of the Borough Code.
Now therefore, be it resolved and it is resolved as follows:
1. The President of Council of Bolivar Borough is hereby authorized to sign any and all documents necessary to make application for the funding for the Early Intervention Program.
2. Bolivar Borough hereby authorizes an expenditure of not greater than $4,000.00 from the Borough General Fund.
3. Bolivar Borough shall establish an account at the S & T Bank, Resort Plaza Office 111 Resort Plaza Drive Blairsville, PA 15717 entitled the "Bolivar Early Intervention Project Fund ("The fund")
4. The Borough shall deposit all funds received from DCED and the sum of $4,000.00 into the established account. In no event shall the Borough be required to deposit and additional funds into said account.
5. Upon completion of the Early Intervention Project the Borough shall return all unused funds received from DCED if required and return all unused funds originally obtained from the General Fund, back to the General Fund, if any.
Be it Resolved, and it is hereby resolved this 13th day of May, 2016
President of Council
Original on file in Vault